If you are looking for something healthy to eat between meals, try this easy homemade Granola bar recipe, which is tasty and filling, perfect for a quick snack!
The main ingredients in the Granola, oats and nuts contain healthy fats and extra fibre that aid in improving digestion, reducing cholesterol and are great in giving your energy level a boost!
This nutritious snack packed full of goodness is beneficial to your health and helps keep you from reaching out to sugary snacks. You may even bring the Granola bar along with you on your next workout!
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup roughly chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts & macadamias)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, raisins or goji berries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line the flat baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease with healthy oil.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and stir in the almond butter and mix well.
- Add rolled oats, chopped nuts, chia seeds, dried fruits, cinnamon & grated coconut and stir until everything is well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly on to the prepared baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes and cook until top is lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool before cutting and store in tight container.
Recipe and image courtesy of movenourishbelieve.com